Ever since its inception, both the iOS & Android OS have come a long way. We’ve seen newer and more refined versions of the OS with the inclusion of new features. Every successive version has something better to offer than the previous one. Also, a new software version enhances the performance of the device to a great extent. But, it shouldn’t only be the OS that should be updated periodically. The apps should also be updated along with the OS since each OS update carries its own set of functionalities and the apps need to be optimized according to it. Additionally, an app should also be updated periodically to improve its own features and performance. Let’s learn why your app needs to be updated and optimized periodically with Techugo, a mobile application development company in uae.
- Keeping the customers happy and engaged: An upbeat customer would always be happy with what you’ve to offer and would be loyal to your services. But, the question is how to maintain the level of interest of your customers? The answer lies in the update of your app. An app that gets updated at regular intervals has the attention of the consumers. Furthermore, an update helps keep the app functionalities and performance up to date and removes the glitches experienced in the previous version. With every subsequent update, the app developers can introduce a new feature in the app that was missing previously and was requested by the users. This practice helps in winning the confidence and loyalty of the users and also keep them engaged with your app. On the other hand, if an app has jitters and flaws, and is also not updated regularly, the users would end up uninstalling such an app and would look out for better options.
- Smacking the bug: It is natural for apps to encounter bugs in the codes or in the UI. Bugs in the app don’t affect the appearance of the app, but, hamper the performance of the app to a great extent. Frequent app crashes, app not booting up, app getting hanged, device getting frozen, etc. are all examples of bugs in the app and need to be addressed asap for smooth functioning of the app. A user would never use an app that slows down the performance and the speed of his device, frequently crashes, freezes the device. With proper app updates and bug fixes, these things can be avoided and the app could be optimized for better performance. The developers should work towards shooting down multiple bug fixes at once. This practice allows developers to avoid multiple update roll outs every now and then and also spares the user from having to download the updates frequently.
- Refurbishing the UI/UX: We’ve always emphasized on the fact that UI/UX is what forms a driving force for your app’s success. It is the UI/UX on which a user forms an opinion and has a point of view for the app. It is the UI with which he interacts and therefore, it should not ever get boring. A mundane, uninteresting UI can lead to the uninstalls of the app. Hence, it is always necessary that the UI of the app is constantly refreshed and updated so that the user doesn’t lose interest in the app. It should also be kept in mind that only adding features to the app is not the sole aim of the update. An update can also occur to remove an unwanted feature from the app that previously existed in it and was disliked by the users and/or the feature introduced in the previous version was futile. Features should be added or removed depending on the functionality and performance of the app.
- App update vs new app:It’s always a debacle for developers,whether to opt for an app update, or go for a new app entirely. There are positives and negatives attached to both the options available. Let’s look at them closely.
- When opting for a new app: If the developers go for a new app instead of updating the old one, the users won’t have to go through the process of downloading the app update and it would be entirely at their discretion if they want to download the new app at all or not. Furthermore, developers can generate revenue from their new app. However, the flip side to this is that the new app would have to be promoted and the promotional tactics would have to be applied from the very beginning. Also, the user might not want to opt for the new app.
- When opting for the app update: Choosing this option over a new app would not compel the users to pay for the upgrade and the promotions for the update would be in order and accordance of the app. The flip side of this is that users would have to be forced to update the version of the app which they might not want to or their device might not be compatible with the new app update and the developers have to look for resources to replenish the funds required for the update of the app.
Developers generally roll out updates for the app rather than opting for new apps entirely. But, occasionally, a few developers have rolled out a new app with upgraded features and have seen the app become a success.
- App Promotion: App updates provide developers with the option to covertly promote their app. An app that receives updates frequently, usually stays on top of the list in the available updates section and remains visible to users most of the times. This constantly reminds the users of the app’s presence and hence, your app stays on the device while performing at par because of the constant updates. It is also proven that an app that’s frequently updated resonates with the users and is more preferred by them over others.
A user is always on the lookout for a perfect and flawless app. All he wants is performance and an elated UX. All these features collectively can help deliver the best app one asks for.
About Techugo: We’re a top mobile app development company in uae and we strive to deliver the best in the class app. We have the tools, technology, and experts that come together to make your idea a reality. For more details visit www.techugo.com .
you can also reach out to us at: