There are plenty of mobile apps available on app stores. They are all made to fulfill a purpose and meet human needs. The idea behind mobile apps is always to simplify the complications of human life and assist them in the best way possible while having the user engaged. But, are all the apps successful in realizing this goal? The answer is a big NO. Not every app finds its way onto the device of the user and there could be many reasons for that. One of the reasons for an app not being successful is losing out to their competitors in the fierce battle to entice and lure users to become a prospect customer. The other important reasons could be the faults in the app. Let’s discuss a few of those features in detail and how to avoid the shortcomings of a mobile app with Techugo, a top mobile app development company in Dubai.
- Simple & Easy To Use: As discussed earlier, an essential role that an app plays is to ease the complications and basic struggles of everyday life and hence, your app needs to be simple and easy to use with little to no complex functions. An app that is complicated and can have the user easily confused is of no use to the user and would end up getting uninstalled almost immediately after the download. To make sure that users use your app, a smooth design and simple layout are required to be defined during the mobile app development process. The navigation within the app should be uncomplicated and the app should serve the purpose it is meant for. If your app has minimal and simplistic features, a user is more likely to be drawn towards it and use it.
- Performance Shouldn’t Be Sidelined: Often times while developing the app, the performance aspect of the app on the device is overlooked. Remember, a user would never opt for an app that slows down the speed of his device. A user would always want his device to function smoothly while using the app. Therefore, the size of the app should be as low as possible so that it doesn’t occupy much space on the device and the processing capabilities of the app don’t overheat or freeze the device. The app shouldn’t consume too much power of the device and the response of the app on the device should be as quick as possible. Additionally, an app shouldn’t take quite a lot of time to boot up and should be lightning fast when making use of the internet connection. An optimized app with all the performance glitches perfectly worked upon during the app development process, would end up winning the heart of the user and will definitely find a place on the device of the user.
- Security Should Be Tight: A user’s primary concern is that the privacy of his data isn’t breached. An app utilizes quite an amount of a user’s permissions to access vital information on the device and his personal data to customize things to his liking. Therefore, it becomes necessary for the app to preserve these vital statistics gathered from the user and hence, the security should not be overlooked. An app’s security should be as robust as a concrete wall of a prison. Stringent measures should be taken to avert any kind of data theft or phishing attempts that puts users’ data at risk or exposed. If an app fails to meet the security requirements, a user will never go for that app.
- Online/Offline Usability: Apps come with an assurance of simplifying and streamlining a user’s life or to keep him engaged or entertained. Hence, the app needs to be usable at all times, irrespective of the circumstances. An app shouldn’t be developed only keeping in mind the online usability. Albeit minimum, an app should be able to work offline also. An app for which a user finds usability in both the environments is a sure shot.
- App Updates: To compete against your competitors and assume the throne of domination and access to consumers, the app needs to meet certain standards and specifications that keep on changing all the time. Accordingly, to meet the standards and changing demand, the app needs to be updated constantly. New features and adaptability to new environments should be released with every app update and the app updates should be planned in advance. This an app development process that’s never ending until the app is decommissioned. Regular app updates also help in removing glitches or unnecessary features of the app and thus, help in the smooth functioning of the app.
- Communication Channel: An app helps an organization to bring it closer to its consumers. The bridging of the gap helps the organization in understanding its consumers better and enables it to assist them and address them conveniently and efficiently. The organization can work on the feedback of the customers to fine tune its app according to the consumers’ need. Moreover, this communication channel can also be used as an advertisement and marketing tool to promote your products/services and introduce new products.
- Freedom To Personalize: Humans love it when they are paid heed to and made to feel special. With an app, one has the opportunity to allure their users by giving them access to app personalization according to their taste and likeness. You can let the users set the theme according to their taste, change the color and background of the app, the appearance, use their own photos to customize the app, etc. These functionalities can be easily realized in the app development phase and is a Mantra of surefire success.
- Analytics Integration:In order to serve your customers to their level of expectation, it is increasingly important that you track the user behavior, the reaction, the demography, the usage stats and many other things. This can easily be achieved with the use of analytical tools that are available to track such crucial insights about users and help in tuning the app better.
- Amalgamation Of Social Media: In this digitized world, everybody likes to make a statement and address their presence. Social Media has set the stage for that and has made it available to everyone. People love to share their achievements, happiness on the platform. Rather, to put it more aptly, people love to share their emotions. Hence, to expand your user base, it is essential that the app has a feature to make postings on social media platforms and enable users to do it easily. The feature can be added while the mobile app is in the development phase.
- Cover As Much Ground As Possible: Since the arrival of smartphones, the world has been majorly split into two halves. iOS& Android. Both the platforms have their own set of unique features and resonate with users in their own style. Both are exceptional in their own league and have a huge following. Thus, to expand your consumer base and the use of your mobile app, it is necessary that you don’t pick a side and develop an app that’s compatible with both the platforms to maximize your user base and profits.
Conclusion: It is not rocket science to build a mobile app that grabs the attention of the users and serve their purpose spot on. All it requires is proper planning during the development stage and efficient execution of those plans. A mobile app development company that provides app development services along with marketing and promotion strategies for your app, can do the job for you.
About Techugo: We’re top mobile app development company in uae and we thrive on excellence. This is what makes us different from our competitors. We have the knowledge and expertise in the field of mobile app development and the marketing strategies, but most importantly, we have the experience of utilizing these skills to develop a robust app that makes the user happy and reap profits for the organization. For more details visit www.techugo.com
contact us at: